Wills and Estates
What we do
At Walsh Halligan Douglas Lawyers, our experienced Wills and Estates team understands that making a Will, administering your estate or contesting a Will can be one of the most stressful times of your life.
For over 50 years we have provided quality Wills and Estates services to our private clients.
We are committed to supporting your visions, values and goals and working closely with you to ensure these are achieved and maintained.
Where we can help
I would like to plan my Estate
If you are seeking to plan your Estate in a way that gives you peace of mind, is not overly complex and won’t cost you the earth, contact us to discuss your Estate planning needs.
At Walsh Halligan Douglas Lawyers, we have looked after the Estate planning needs for generations of Queensland families. We focus on explaining everything clearly in ‘non-legal’ speak and will not allow you to sign any documents unless we are satisfied that you fully understand what you are signing.
- Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney, General Powers of Attorney, Letters of Wishes, and Advance Health Directives;
- Complex Wills including Testamentary Discretionary Trusts, with consideration of business, company and trust structures; and
- General and Binding Nominations for self managed superannuation funds in accordance with the superannuation trust deeds.
We can advise you on:
- Capacity issues and liaise with your doctor at your request;
- How your Estate will be distributed upon your passing;
- Issues that may arise regarding the effects of marriage, separation and/or divorce on your Estate;
- Potential claims against your Estate; and
- The effect of including guardians for children under 18 years, burial, cremation and organ donation directions in Wills.
We can also assist rural, interstate and overseas clients.
In addition, we are happy to make visits to hospitals, nursing homes and private residences for clients with mobility issues. We can also take instructions via email or telephone and prepare a Will within short timeframes (as little as 48 hours). With experience across the field of Estate planning, Estate administration and Estate litigation, we are your end-to-end solution for ensuring the wishes of you and your loved ones are carried out as intended.
A Word On Fees
We offer a highly competitive, fixed fee service for the preparation of Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney and Advance Health Directives. We charge industry-competitive hourly rates for Estate administration and litigation services.
Let’s start talking
Our Wills and Estates team would love to hear from you to discuss how we can help. Email us or contact one of our key team members below: